Project Name: LIGHTHOUSE Program
Partner Agencies: Atascadero Unified School District
Project Description: LIGHTHOUSE is about disaster and rescue, chaos and peace. Its purpose is to provide safety, protection, and recovery through support and services. Through a partnership with the Atascadero Unified School District, LIGHTHOUSE provides programs of awareness, prevention, education and intervention in the areas of drug and alcohol abuse. LIGHTHOUSE provides education, mentoring, counseling, healthy activities, scholarships, and opportunities for our school-aged youth and beyond. LIGHTHOUSE provides support for the families and friends of addicted and at-risk youth.
This grant supported the development of a collaborative plan with which identified strategic directions for service improvement and the elimination of identified barriers. As a result, the Atascadero Greyhound Foundation, LIGHTHOUSE Program is better poised to continue services for our youth. As a result, we now
- have better alignment and involvement with our stakeholders.
- are better suited to apply for additional grants from multiple areas and agencies.
- have a done a comprehensive review of our programs.
- have identified better ways to communicate with and reach our targeted youth.
- have ensured that programs are implementing evidenced-based programs with fidelity; and
- are a stronger organization, better aligned, and more connected to our stakeholders and target population.
Name: DJ Pittenger
Position: Director, Strategic Planning
Agency: Atascadero Greyhound Foundation
Phone: (805) 400-0046